Independent - United States
Drummer, percussionist, composer and music producer from Brazil. At the age of thirteen, Sallaberry studied at high school, learning the flute and musical theory, and in the year 1978 he started to play drums. Sallaberry played in several bands in Sao Paulo, like Cygnus, Tasmania, Banda da Esquina, Bangkok Band, Diabo Há Quatro and others.
In 2002, Sallaberry started his solo career, and released the albums listed below:
- 2005, SambaSong & Friends, with special guests as Airto Moreira, CoopDeVille, Edú Martins, Ed Côrtes, Marcos Romera, Maurício Marques and others.
- 2007, Samba Soft, with special guests like Billy Cobham, Dennis Chambers, Robertinho Silva, Andreas Kisser and others.
- 2009, Sambatuque, with special guests like Sandro Haick, Claudio Celso, Luciano Magno, Derico Sciotti and others.
- 2011, New Bossa, with special guests as Bruno Alves, Chico Martins, Itamar Collaço, Jorge Pescara and others.
- 2013, Rhythmist, with special guests as Erik Escobar, Michel Freidenson, Michel Leme and others.
- 2015, Move Out, with special guests as Arismar do Espírito Santo, Fúlvio de Oliveira, Paulo Soveral and others.
- 2017, Origem, with special guests as Mamoru Morishita, Sandro Haick, Robertinho Silva, Ed Cortes and others
Sallaberry´s seven solo albums are distributed in countries like Japan, Netherlands, United States, Czech Republic, Germany, Canada, Poland, England, and by web (as iTunes, Amazon and others). Since 2004 Sallaberry is a member of Latin Grammy Academy.
In the year 2010, Sallaberry released the book Manual Prático de Produção Musical (Musical Production Practical Manual) – a great success among students of music production, and in 2016 Sallaberry released the second edition of the same book. Sallaberry worked with musicians like Billy Cobham, Dennis Chambers, Robertinho Silva, Andreas Kisser, Arismar do Espírito Santo, Derico Sciotti, Michel Freidenson, Sandro Haick, Ed Côrtes, Daniel D’Alcântara, Fernando Moura, Thiago Pinheiro, Thiago do Espírito Santo, Michel Leme, Erik Escobar, Tarcísio Edson César, Beto Di Franco, Marcelo Cotarelli, Pepe Rodriguez, Edu Martins, Maurício Marques, Flávio Sandoval, Chico Willcox, Ivan Paduart, Paulinho Duro, Marcos Romera, Airto Moreira, Maguinho, Rubinho Chacal, Marcinho Eiras, Itamar Collaço, CoopDeVille, Luis Cubano, Álvaro Gonçalves, Bruno Cardozo, Faíska, Renato Nunes, Jorge Pescara, Luciano Magno and many others.
In 2014 Sallaberry moved to US, where he produces his music at his home studio - Big Orange Studios.
MRX Masters Custom
Natural Maple finish
20x16 bass drum
14x14 floor tom
16x16 floor tom
14x5 Chad Smith Signature snare drum
14x6.5 Dennis Chambers snare drum
14x5.5 Session Custom snare drum
P3002D Demon Drive Double Pedal
P2000C Eliminator Pedal
BC900 boom cymbal stand
C900 cymbal stand
S900 snare stand
H900 hi-hat stand
D2500 drum throne
TH900I tom holder x2
TH900S short tom holder x2
AX25L adapter x4
Sallaberry - Video"Samba do Sapato" from the CD, Move Out