Shokran / Neuromonakh Feofan / Harry Hatchet & Toni Raut
Mike has graduated from a musical school specializing in piano. He started playing drums by himself in 2007. He prefered to go deeper into Progressive Metal and Jungle styles. Since 2013 Mike has been doing lots of live performances and collaborations. Mike is a resident of the Russian drum school “DRUMSTARZ” and has about 30 students. Mike is a current member of the following bands:
- Shokran (progressive metal)
- Neuromonakh Feofan (drum’n’bass project)
- Harry Hatchet & Toni Raut (rap)
All bands are touring across Russia & overseas. They also perform at huge festivals.
1) What is it you like so much about playing Pearl Drums?
Pearl makes awesome and beautiful drums. The SOUND and the QUALITY are amazing for the very affordable price. Someday I will have a Masterworks kit in carbon finish color.
2) Which drummer/band influenced you most into playing drums?
Well, I don’t want to say any well-known and famous names, but I want to let you know names of my drummers contemporaries: Matt Halpern, Eric Moore & Daniil Svetlov.
3) Whom do you consider as “drummers of tomorrow”, who has caught your eye lately?
Several colleagues, who have everything ahead!
4) What do you like most about being a drummer?
Playing drums is my favorite activity. I feel like I’m where I belong. Especially during a show, man, this is the best time! This is like a childish dream came true, great feelings!
5) What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you during a show?
Definitely, when the monitor mixer is getting down and you have no metronome and bandmates in your ears.
6) What do you usually play while practicing and how long does it take?
I practice everything I need to be good at an exact show or recording; if I have some issues with some specific elements, then I pay more attention to them, of course.
7) What is your best advice to a young player wanting to make it in this industry?
In my opinion, the best drummer is a drummer who plays as much shows as they can. A live show is always like a surprise, and if you have an experience with them –you will be better prepared for the next shows. Also, please live your passion, and go for it. If you stop and give up –your place will be taken by others, remember that!
8) If you had a chance to play drums for another artist who would it be?
Let’s say: Pendulum, Rick Astley, Nickelback