About Pearl Employment Opportunities
Concert Marketing Manager
Pearl/Adams Concert Marketing Manager
Pearl Corporation is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for the Pearl/Adams Concert product lines. The ideal team member will be able to work with all levels of the organization including design, manufacturing, sales, and marketing management by providing valuable direction and assistance in executing various marketing and promotional activities in order to accomplish the sales goals outlined by the company.
Position Title: Marketing Manager, Concert and Adams Products
Reports To: Sr. Marketing Manager
Under the direction of the Sr. Marketing Manager, and in accordance with corporate policy, responsible for activities concerned with the sales and marketing of Educational ‘Concert Percussion’ products and Adams Branded products, including but not limited to aiding in the development and coordination of programs and activities, as follows: general marketing strategy for each class of product, pricing strategy, product packaging and appearance, education and presentation of product performance through demonstrations, shows and conventions, school clinics and seminars, technical training support and dealer merchandising techniques, education and training of Pearl sales and customer service and staff, and market research to assure not only the quality and effectiveness of current products through timely upgrades but also that new products are developed and provided in accordance with market demands.
Nature and Scope
- Sales: In coordination with Purchasing, Sales Dept, and other Marketing Associates, provides input and assistance for the development and forecasting of the annual sales and profit plan. Thereafter, in accordance with the strategy and goals of the sales and profit plan, assist in the development and implementation of marketing and pricing strategies and market development, including an annual marketing program for each Educational ‘Concert Percussion’ class of product.
- Product: As directed by Sr. Marketing Manager, monitor all professional, symphony and orchestral concert products, and educational concert products concerning appearance, packaging, quality and performance. Track and maintain information on current product lines with comparisons by feature and price to competitive products. Conduct market research and track input from dealers, artists, symphonies and orchestral groups, Colleges and Universities, and sales force relating to product performance including sound and playing quality, manufacturing quality, maintenance and warranty issues. Complete and submit QC reports for Concert and Adams products as needed and follow-up on progress to resolve issues and provide Sales and Marketing Departments with product updates. Maintain and update product information in Pearl’s Master Build Sheet. As needed write and service product press releases to appropriate media outlets.
- Staff Development: Conduct training sessions as needed on both products and marketing strategy for the employees, including management, sales force, and customer service. Aid in creation and maintenance of training materials for Concert and Adams products including Spec sheets.
- Customer Education: Make dealer visits as a product specialist to conduct seminars and training sessions on product nomenclature and performance and merchandising techniques, including in-store promotion and advertising. Visit professional musicians and music groups, and music educators, to present and demonstrate Pearl and Adams concert percussion products.
- Advertising and Promotion: Assist in the creation of advertising and promotional materials including features and benefits that would best present the various Concert and Adams percussion products. Assist with the organization and preparation of websites, catalogs, price lists, informational flyers and brochures and similar material for both external and internal use. Assist with the preparation of posts to all social media platforms.
- Trade Shows: Assist in planning of products and promotions for state shows and conventions, PASIC, NAMM and similar industry and educational functions in accordance with corporate policy. Prepare product orders for shows and communicate sellable inventory to the Sales Department. Participate in shows and conventions as approved, including product arrangements, booth requirements, booth staffing and follow-up paperwork. Responsible to monitor, control and administer agreements and/or contractual activities concerned with concert percussion activities.
- New Products: Identify areas and needs for possible new products. Conduct market research, including material requirements and sources, cost and pricing strategy, potential annual sales volume by unit and profitability, and prepare proposals in coordination with the Sr. Marketing Manager, Purchasing, and Sales Departments.
- Competitor Analysis: Monitor all competitor products in the areas of concert percussion categories, including pricing, promotions, discount programs, catalogs and promotional material, clinics and other dealer support programs, and advertising. Keep management and the sales force informed, as appropriate.
- Artist Relations: Under the direction of the Sr. Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing, responsible for recruiting and developing professional artists that are well known and respected in the area of concert and symphonic music and/or music education to endorse and play Pearl Concert and Adams percussion products. Respond to the product and merchandise needs of the Pearl/Adams Concert artist roster. Responsible to coordinate and arrange for dealer and school clinics, in accordance with the annual clinic schedule and budget.
- Expense Budgets: Responsible for the control and maintenance of each approved budget that is delegated. Perform a monthly review of each assigned budget and report variances to the Corporate Controller.
- General: Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. May be asked to attend conferences and/or seminars concerning corporate marketing functions and/or related business matters. Expected to know and be familiar with all corporate marketing and sales programs and related activities. Advise and consult with the other departments to support the total marketing and sales effort.
- Coordinate assigned activities and perform other tasks and responsibilities as directed.
Special Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required dependent upon previous experience.
- Computer literacy with MS Windows and MS Office.
- As Pearl continues to develop products like the MalletStation a strong understanding of electronics is a plus.
- Ability to left 50 pounds and stand on feet for extended periods up to eight (8) hours.
- Good hearing and color vision.
- Background and experience in percussion and/or music education with at least one (1) year experience in a wholesale environment.
- Ability to travel as required.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Pearl Corporation. Please send your cover letter, resume, and application to:[email protected]