About Pearl Employment Opportunities
Brass & Flute Product Marketing Manager
Pearl Corporation is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for Adams Marching Brass and Pearl Flute product lines. The ideal team member will be able to work with all levels of the organization including design, manufacturing, sales, and marketing management by providing valuable direction and assistance in executing various marketing and promotional activities in order to accomplish the sales goals outlined by the company.
- Candidates must have professional brass instrument performance training as well as performance or teaching experience. Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred, but not required, depending on previous experience.
- Music products retailing or other industry experience is preferred.
- Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills, and be able to work within a corporate environment.
- Candidates must be competent in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Office applications.
- Candidates should be competent in the use of social media and other promotional media platforms.
- Ideal candidates must have a basic understanding of the principles and practices of marketing including media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, as well as an understanding of best practices for written, oral, and visual media methods to entertain and inform.
- Must be able to travel – occasional weekend travel is required.
- Candidates must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, sales teams, clients, customers, and the general public.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Artist Relations Individual will assist in identifying contacts and leads for potential endorsee artists for the purpose of promoting Adams Marching Brass and Pearl Flute products and services. Individual will be responsible for maintaining materials, paperwork, and facilitate artist support as required. Individual will be responsible for recruiting and developing Professional Artists, WGI and DCI ensembles, Colleges and Universities to endorse and play Pearl and Adams products. The artists selected and proposed must be well known and respected as a performing artist and/or in the area of music education. Act as the primary contact with the approved endorsee group including monitoring product performance and reporting the results.
- Individual will work with our Creative team under the supervision of the Director of Marketing to create information concerning product features and qualities that would best present the brass and flute products for dealers and end users. Duties would include assisting with the organization and preparation of catalogs, price lists, website and online social media content, informational flyers, brochures, training materials, and similar material for both external and internal use.
- System Data Maintenance Maintain PC system data and other digital asset management content (images, descriptions, etc.) as directed for online sales and integrated website support.
- Convention and Displays Individual will be required to travel to dealer, artist and trade shows and conventions as needed and will assist in product explanation and demonstrations at trade shows and dealer sites for private or public events. Individual will assist in the timely conception, preparation, and delivery of show product items to be utilized in show displays and will be required to help in the assembly and dismantling of these items prior to and after shows when personally in attendance.
- Product Assistance This individual will assist the Brass and Flute Product Specialist with management of flute and brass products. These tasks include assisting with organizing inventory, parts inventory, and general office management tasks. Play testing of new instruments is required. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager will also be involved in identifying areas for improvement to current instrument design and new product development.
- Competitor Analysis Assist Marketing Management in market analysis by gathering competitor information and end-user trends across various demographics in the areas of marching brass and flutes including pricing, promotions, discount programs, catalogs and promotional material, clinics and other dealer support programs, and advertising. Secure, develop, and maintain comparative data and perform statistical analysis on a continuing basis. Keep management and the sales force informed as appropriate.
- Price Lists This individual will be responsible for determining the pricing structure and competitive positioning of flute and brass product lines to achieve the gross margin and profit goals set by management.
- Service and Repair Individual will assist in needed procedural tasks related to the service maintenance, warranty, and repair schedule, and inventory control in the flute and brass repair shop.
- Set-up and adjust equipment for in-house clinics, training, video and photography shoots, or other company related special events.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies in the handling of inventory and equipment.
Special Skill Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand on feet for extended periods up to eight (8) hours.
- Good hearing and color vision.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral/written instructions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Pearl Corporation. Please send your cover letter, resume, and application to:[email protected]
549 Metroplex Drive
Nashville TN. 37211-3140
Telephone (615) 833-4477