Drum Set Series Snare Drums
Your sonic brand needs to be heard. Creating your own signature snare drum is the next logical step. Masterworks has all the elements necessary to craft a totally unique instrument that will complement your drumming identity and assure that there will never be another one like it, like you.
Dennis Chambers and Masterworks.
Masterworks Custom Snare Drums
YOUR Signature Snare Drum.
Pearl's Masterworks wood snare drums can be ordered with any combination of our premium shell veneers. From steam bent, single-ply Maple to thick 20-ply Artisan shell hybrids, Masterworks snares are the most versatile and personal wood snare drums available.
A Custom Counterpart to Your Masterworks Drum Kit.
Every aspect of customization in the Masterworks spectrum is available to make your Signature Snare drum totally unique. You select the shell combination, edges, finish and hardware. This multiple lug, strainer, and hoop possibilities to choose from.
Start your Signature journey now! Explore the many Masterworks options that will sculpt the overall sound of your snare or check out the Masterworks Sonic Select Shell Recipes as a starting point.
The perfect blend of tone, attack, and body.
• Ideal for general purpose applications.
• Equal tonal amounts of hi-end attack, midrange body, and low-end punch.
• North American hardwood with rich, even grain.
The precision choice for high volume cut and power.
• Premium “white” wood with marbled, subdued grain.
• Excellent for stage and studio w/ boosted highs and mellow mids.
• “Built in EQ” delivers articulate stroke with shorter, even decay.
Deep, powerful punch with dark, elegant tone.
• Boosted bottom end perfect for controlled rooms/studios.
• Beautifully smooth midrange sustain and hi end roll off.
• Porous African wood with rich, dark texture and grain.
The Ultimate Hybrid.
• Combining wood types blends each material's sonic character.
• Each cross laminated two-ply panel is hand-selected for proper density, grain consistency, and color.
Explosive projection and increased volume.
• A medium density wood that produces explosive tone.
• Ideal as a core-ply; enhances tonal character in surrounding plies.
• Projects w/ substance and power as an interior/tone-ply.
SHELL THICKNESS - Further tailor your snare tone by selecting the thickness of each shell.
(4-ply, 5mm w/ 4-ply Reinforcement Rings)
• Responsive tonal sustain for the near field environment.
• Maximum tonal note for the near field environment.
• Ideal for general purpose play. Excellent projection with full bodied tonality.
(8-ply, 10mm and 10-ply, 12.5mm)
• Maximum cut and projection with subdued sustain.
ULTIMATE: 20-ply, 25mm
Staggeringly thick shell in your choice of shell woods delivers dense cut, power, and focused sensitivity.
Free Floating Snare Chassis
Your choice of snare shell woods can be housed with our Free Floating chassis for added weight and attack. With no holes or hardware touching the shell, the shell is free to speak with its intended voice without being encumbered by metal contact or stress.
Snare Drum Configuration and Options Gallery
Masterworks (MW) Snare Drums
- Made to Order for You in Your Choice of Woods and Components.
Choice of Maple, Birch, Gum, Or African Mahogany Shell Tone Woods
- SHELL THICKNESS
- BEARING EDGE
Matte or Carbon Fiber Finishes.
- BEARING EDGE
60° Outer, 45°, 45° Rounded, Fully Rounded*, or 45° Inner
Choice of Super High Gloss Lacquer, Matte Or Carbon Fiber, Artisan Exotic or Artisan II Graphic
Choice of Superhoop Ii, Mastercast, or Fat Tone Hoops
BRL100 Bridge Lugs w/ Swivel Function (on Shells 6.5”+ Deep)
CL05 Lugs (on Shells 3” To 4” Deep)
BRL55/65 Bridge Lugs w/ Swivel Function (on Shells 5” – 6.5" Deep)
ARL55/65 Arch Tube Lugs w/ Swivel Function (on Shells 5” – 6.5” Deep)
STL Swivel Tube Lugs (Chrome Only)
STL100 Single Swivel Lugs
TB50/55/65 Tube Lugs (on Shells 5”, 5.5” & 6.5" Deep)
- HARDWARE FINISH
Choice of Nickel, Black Nickel, Black Chrome, Gold, or Chrome Plated Hardware
- AIR VENTS
"Golden Ratio" Pentagonal Die Cast Air Vents
"Standard" PositIon Round Die Cast
- TENSION RODS
Choice Of SR1000, SR150, SR017, or SR015 (Gladstone Style) SR020 Multi-trace Strainer (on Shells 5.5”+ Deep) SR1000, SR018, Strainer (on Shells 3” To 4” Deep)
Pearl Exclusive Coated Batter Heads By Remo